Re: Problem with external RAID

On Friday, 7 de July de 2006 23:32, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > From what I have been reading, the system loads the modules
> > asynchronously using udev (I guess) and so that's why the RAID is
> > assigned /dev/sda or /dev/sdc. I've been trying to figure out how
> > to set the order at which I'd like the modules to be loaded, but
> > with no luck. I've been trying to define a couple of rules at
> > /etc/udev/rules.d/ in order to change the devices assigned, but
> > all I get are some symlinks to the real devices in /dev but the
> > problem continues to be there.
>
> That's typical, I think, of Linux and SCSI.
>
> Are the drivers modules or compiled-in?

the drivers are modules and loaded at boot time.

> What if you set the RAID device to be noauto mount, and then create
> a script in /etc/rcS.d somewhere after /etc/fstab is processed.
> That script would "manually" mount the RAID device.

The problem is not with mounting the devices, but with the name they get
under /dev/ independently if they are mounted or not...

> Also maybe you could write udev rules to avoid the issue by giving
> symbolic names to all the drives.

I already did this but somehow, during the boot process, it would try to
access the /dev/sdN and abort...

--
Jesús Roncero Franco
http://localhost