Re: "netlink_lookup: write failed: Connection refused"

On 2006-07-05, Jim Seymour <bluejay@speedfactory.net> wrote:

>>   identd[12299]: netlink_lookup: write failed: Connection refused

> I added tcp_diag to the list of modules getting loaded at boot time.
> That is the module it is looking for.

Thanks, I'll try that and see if goes away.  Having googled a bit more
about this, I get the impression [1] that the bug was in pidentd
version 3.0.18-2.Softlab-2 rather than in the kernel, but I've got
3.0.18-3, which should be fixed according to the bug-closing in [1].

Should I add this experience to bug #305926 to re-open it?  (I'm
reluctant to complain about things I don't really understand unless I
get corroboration.)

[1]