Re: Printing stopped working on Debian testing

On 7/3/06, Chris Lale <chrislale@untrammelled.co.uk> wrote:
Joshua McGee wrote:
> Printing stopped working overnight on Debian testing,
[ ... ]

May be a result of an upgrade. There is a bug report at

Check that eg lp0 exists in /dev. If not

        # modprobe lp

If this works, add lp to /etc/modules to ensure it is loaded at next reboot.

Hth,
Chris.

Paul Mills:
Changes list indicates a number of configuration changes. In my case,
the easiest thing to do was to purge cupsys, then reinstall. Then all
was OK.

Thanks, I was able to get it to work by following Chris' advice, then
purging cupsys, reinstalling, then reinstalling printconf, which found
my printer.  I can now print to the queue created by printconf.

- Josh
http://www.mcgees.org