Re: How to perform search in gnome terminal?

Jochen Schulz wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez:
Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Search for a word or an expression in the whole terminal `history'.
This is very useful, almost indispensable in some cases.
I used to use that quite often with KDE graphical environment,
before switching to Gnome.
Assuming you are using bash, you can use Ctrl-R to search back through
your command history.

I suppose the OP wants to search the output history. But except from
using screen I have no solution either.

J.
Emacs. M-x shell.
Run C-h t to get a tutorial, including terminology and key-bindings.

(apologies for having sent this to Jochen and not the list on my first try)