Re: Hello Nethelpers [SSH / PUTTY]Strange behaviour with telnetd

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 07:57:51 +0200
"jbmorla" <jbmorla@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, sorry I don't understand how the mailing list works.
>

> Should I reply directly from my mail client : gmail in IE6 ?
>
> Or should I do what I do now, reply to my own thread in the list itself ?

When you reply to something on the list, simply hitting the reply
button usually works, just make sure it is going to the list address
and not someones personal address. Don't know about gmail, but whatever
you did seems to have worked fine.

> How could sshd automatically decode data sent by the PuTTY session
>
> If it does not have the key to do it ?

snip

>  But I can't find where they deal with having duplicate of the same
> encrypted key
>
> On both client and server.

You generate one key on the server and a different key on the client.

These keys have two parts, private and public. You take the clients
public key and add to to the servers allowed list, when you connect
with the client the first time the servers public key is sent to the
client and you are asked if you want to add the server to your list of
known hosts.

I'm not a guru at this ssh stuff, google helps:

http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html
http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialInternetSecurity.html#SSH
http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/sshtips.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH