Re: Slow Konsole GUI

On Thursday 29 June 2006 8:31 am, David wrote:
> Thanks for the advice Florian. Actually the solution was much simpler.
> I had been displaying a jpeg on a transparent background and this was what
> was slowing everything down. Eye candy removed and everything was back
> as it was before. Shame, I quite like eye candy, it would be nice to have that
 > and be able to work at the same time though.

I use mrxvt it's a tabable rxvt.  It's fast, doesn't depend on nine jillion
libraries; and plays well with other WM's (like wmaker or Fluxbox).

You do have to manually edit the icon properties, but the speed and flexiblity
more than make up for it.

This is what I use to replace Konsole with the white lettering on black schema:
mrxvt -stt -rv -sr -bt -geometry 1008x44 -sl 2000 -fn 9x15 -tabfg blue -tabbg grey -itabfg black -itabbg dark

--
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often
 discover what they lack." -- George S. Patton