Re: What does it mean 'LANG=C'

Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
[...]
For instance to input accents by means of dead keys, and to input
an enormous variety of "combined characters" by means of the
Compose key, on a US keyboard, for instance, you could use

 setxkbmap us -variant alt-intl -option compose:rwin
[...]

Thanks, it took me much too long to figure out how to configure my keyboard using xmodmap. I did look at the setxkbmap et.al manual pages, but they were long on complexity and short on examples.

What I need is an X keyboard configuration tutorial. The Keyboard-and-Console-HOWTO is long in the tooth and only glances over X.