Re: Debian package of the day

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:22:49PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Aaron Maxwell wrote:
> >I read a
> >post once in which someone bemoaned the passing of dselect, because it
> >highlighted newly-minted packages.  With apt*, he rarely knew of that
> >new software, unless he just stumbled across it.  I thought that was a
> >pretty good point.
> >
> Good point.  However, aptitude always shows you new packages.  IIRC,
> when dselect went away, aptitude was the recommended "official" replacement.

chris@witts-end:~$ dselect
Debian `dselect' package handling frontend version 1.13.22 (i386).
.
.
.

chris@witts-end:~$ zless /usr/share/doc/dselect/changelog.Debian.gz
dpkg (1.13.22) unstable; urgency=low
.
.
.
 -- Guillem Jover <[email snipped]>  Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:03:29 +0300

Has my unstable box entered some parallel history?  It seems over here
that dselect is alive and well...

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
  Generated by Signify v1.14.  For this and more, visit http://www.debian.org/