Re: What does it mean 'LANG=C'

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 10:48 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> When US keyboards have the Euro symbol on it, then it will have
> happened.
>
> P.S. - How do you enter a Euro symbol from a US kbd into Tbird?
>
> P.P.S. - How do you do the same from the console?

You can use xmodmap for that. I'm using "<Alt Gr> + e" to produce the
Euro symbol.
I created a file named ~/.xmodmap and i'm loading it whenever X starts
up using xmodmap. The file looks like that:

keycode 113 = Mode_switch
# ... stuff to create the german umlauts
keycode 26 = e E EuroSign

Hth,
Lothar