Re: Fwd: Debian sarge 3.1\apache2 not surpport cgi

Hi,

On 6/25/06, Rocky Ou <rocky2winnie@gmail.com> wrote:

 ##########
 [Sun Jun 25 18:04:28 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Options ExecCGI is
off in this directory:
/home/lover/public_html/cgi-bin/mytext.cgi
 ##############

That answers your query. You have to enable ExecCGI options in the
directory where you have the CGI, which in your case is
/home/lover/public_html/cgi-bin/

Put the following between the <Directory></Directory> directives:

   Options +ExecCGI

 I'm working locally on my standalong machine and logged in as lover. The
full path to mytest.cgi is
/home/lover/public_html/cgi-bin/mytest.cgi. I may
misunderstood you on this question. Pleas bear with me as a newbie.

In your apache2.conf, search for 'User' (without the quotes) and
you'll find something like this:

User www-data

(I don't have a ready copy of apache2.conf, but I don't think such
small things have changed in Apache2)

The username that you see after the work - User - is the name of the
user Apache runs as. So, you might also want to check if your CGI and
its *parent* directories are accessible by this user.

Hope this helps.

Srinidhi.