cron and kmessage

My actual problem is that I want to display a message at specific times (every
0th, 30th minute of hour) on the user's screen. I thought I can do this with
cron and kmessage.

I edited the crontab entry as

0,30 * * * *    kdialog --msgbox "test message"

But then it does not display the dialog on the screen. Instead it sends an
email to the user's address with the following message

kdialog: cannot connect to X server

How can I solve this problem?

I also had a look at korganizer, but it can only repeat tasks on a day-by-day
basis, not on a minute-by-minute basis. Is there any other way?

Using Debian, Sid.

thanks
raju

--