Re: kdewallet : how to add application into access control ?

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 15:22:39 +0200, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed kdewallet but every time I started application using it (ie.
> kmail) I have to re-enter its password.
> How to add kmail into allowed access control to avoid this cumbersome
> procedure ? kdewallet manager propose an Access Control menu but it seems
> impossible to add an application.

The applications get added to this menu automatically if you select
"always allow" (or similar, I am paraphrasing from memory) when the
dialog pops up which informs you that an application tries to access an
open wallet.

Your problem sounds like you have set very "paranoid" wallet preferences
so that the wallet gets closed quickly all the time. This is a security
measure to make it less likely that an attacker can come across your
computer when the wallet is open. Check your "close when unused for xx
min.", "close when screensaver starts" and "close when last application
stops using it" settings. What you put there depends on how much
security you want; more security always means less convenience, i.e.
having to type your password more often.

--
Regards,
          Florian