Re: OpenOffice.org 2.0 users beware!

--- Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:

> On 2006-06-23 06:38:32 -0700, Anthony Simonelli
> wrote:
> > I'm sure everyone probably knows this but the
> recent upgrade of
> > libfreetype6 from 2.1.7-2.4 to 2.1.7-2.5 breaks
> OpenOffice.org 2.0
> > if you've installed the downloaded version from
> OpenOffice.org. I
> > installed OpenOffice.org 2.0 using 'alien' to
> convert the RPMs and
> > have been enjoying the great office suite without
> using backports
> > for a while now. Then, after upgrading, I noticed
> the saving feature
> > would crash every time and later found on an
> OpenOffice.org forum
> > that the culprit was libfreetype6. Downgrading to
> the previous
> > version fixes the problem.
>
> I don't understand. I have libfreetype6 2.2.1-2,
> which is much higher
> than 2.1.7-2.5.
>
> --
> Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web:
> <http://www.vinc17.org/>
> 100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog:
> <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/>
> Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / SPACES
> project at LORIA
>

> --

This pertains only for those running Debian Sarge 3.1
and OpenOffice.org 2.0 from the OOo website.  Anyone
running Unstable/Testing already have a newer version
of libfreetype and OpenOffice.org 2.0 in the
repository.

Those running Stable only have OpenOffice.org 1.1.4
which does not include Base and many other
improvements such as the Open Document format support.
 That is why I downloaded it from the website and
installed the RPMS via alien rather than using backports.