OpenOffice.org 2.0 users beware!

I'm sure everyone probably knows this but the recent upgrade of libfreetype6 from 2.1.7-2.4 to 2.1.7-2.5 breaks OpenOffice.org 2.0 if you've installed the downloaded version from OpenOffice.org.  I installed OpenOffice.org 2.0 using 'alien' to convert the RPMs and have been enjoying the great office suite without using backports for a while now.  Then, after upgrading, I noticed the saving feature would crash every time and later found on an OpenOffice.org forum that the culprit was libfreetype6.  Downgrading to the previous version fixes the problem.

 Any ideas as to why and if that will be fixed even though I know that OpenOffice.org 2.0 is not a Sarge package?