Re: Replying to list

On (22/06/06 23:20), Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> [cut]
>
> >>NB The headers in my original post show that I'm still a prisoner
> >>of Windows and rc scripts are not an option. If I ever get my
> >>printers working under Debian then I'll consider the final
> >>switch.
> >
> >What printer(s) do you use?
>
> HP DeskJet 970Cxi and Canon PIXMA MP780

We've had an HP895cxi running off a debian (woody then sarge) server
since April 2003 .... can't comment on the Canon though :)

And in response to Carl, cups behaves much better with the HP than the
EpsonSC880 we have on another server; that said, I can't say any problems
have been either major or long lasting.

Regards

Clive

--