iptables log target logs everything to tty*. Why?

Hey!

I'm running a debian sarge as a router for a network, and I'm using iptables. I need to log certain stuff from iptables, and I thus have rules like:
${PROG} -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -p tcp --dport 135 -m limit
 --limit 1/s -j LOG --log-prefix "Blaster portscan "

This however has the not so desirable side effect of writing every log message from iptables to all tty:s as well as to /var/log/messages. And I can tell you it is very annoying!

First I just thought it had something to do with syslogd and checked syslogd.conf. I could not find any rule that would generate this behavior, but to be on the safe side I stopped syslogd.
The messages kept on coming.

Then I thought it might be klogd and I killed it off as well. The messages kept on coming on the ttys. Then I tried klogd -c 0 whithout any luck.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this other than just removing the log rules from iptables?

/Erik Persson.