Re: GFS

On 6/22/06, David Siroky <ml@dasir.net> wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to build a debian cluster with GFS storage. I have big
problems compiling GFS sources.

I have a distribution kernel 2.6.16.

Package kernel-patch-2.6-gfs is useless because it is old (it is for
2.6.10 kernel).

Keep an eye on bug #369331 (http://bugs.debian.org/369331)

Release
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cluster/releases/cluster-1.02.00.tar.gz is
unusable too because it complains about tons of errors.

What?

Package redhat-cluster-source complains about missing "defines.mk" file.
No "./configure" script available.

Probably #366498, if not, please open a new bug or add more information there.

Is there someone who succesfully built a debian cluster without any
heavy manual work?

I didn't, but if you're unable to wait for kernel patches fixes in
Debian, try to use the kernel shipped in Ubuntu.

regards,
-- stratus