apt-get update doesn't work?

When I do "sudo apt-get update", I get the following errors:

   $ LANG=C sudo apt-get update
   Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release.gpg [189B]
   Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release
   Get:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages [3166kB]
   Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages/DiffIndex
   Get:3 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages [65.7kB]
   Fetched 3B in 5s (1B/s)
   Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2  MD5Sum mismatch
   Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.bz2  MD5Sum mismatch
   Reading package lists... Done
   W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
   W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_non-free_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
   E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

My /etc/apt/sources.list file is:

   deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

Any ideas?

[Please keep me CC:ed if you follow up to the list.]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
自らを空にして、心を開く時、道は開かれる