Re: Replying to list

Thibaut Paumard wrote:
Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 à 13:55 +0100, Peter Hillier-Brook a écrit :
If it's not an FAQ, why doesn't this list use the "Reply-to" field in the address headers?

A couple of times recently I've hit Reply and sent a response to the originator, rather than the list - for which I apologise. All other - non-Debian - lists to which I subscribe use this field and it enables one to concentrate on the message, rather than the postman:-)

Peter HB

I suppose the reason is:

Interesting document, but somewhat religious in tone. If I Reply to All the original poster will probably receive 2 copies of the reply, unless I take the time to edit the headers (although Reply to All will have the benefit of ensuring that non-registered users of a list will receive a reply).

Thanks for pointing out the useful reference - I probably deserved a RTFM. A quiet think is in order.

Regards

Peter HB