Re: how to get libX*.la ?

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 19:45 +0200, LeVA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to compile a software which needs a lot of libX*.la files. Which
> package(s) contains these files? (I thought the -dev packages does)
>
> $ dpkg -l
> [...]
> libxcursor-dev
> libxcursor1
> [...]
> xlibs-dev
> xlibs-static-dev
> [...]

Shot in the dark, there are many more -dev packages than before. This is
assuming you are running Etch or Sid.

libxalan110-dev libxaw6-dev libxaw7-dev libxbsql-dev libxcb0-dev
libxcbcomposite0-dev libxcbdamage0-dev libxcbdpms0-dev libxcbglx0-dev
libxcbrandr0-dev libxcbrecord0-dev libxcbrender0-dev libxcbres0-dev
libxcbscreensaver0-dev libxcbshape0-dev libxcbshm0-dev libxcbsync0-dev
libxcbxevie0-dev libxcbxf86dri0-dev libxcbxfixes0-dev libxcbxprint0-dev
libxcbxtest0-dev libxcbxv0-dev libxcbxvmc0-dev libxclass0-dev
libxcrypt-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxfixes-dev libxine-dev
libxinerama-dev libxiterm-dev libxkbfile-dev libxkbui-dev
libxklavier-dev libxmlada1-dev libxmltok1-dev libxmu-dev libxmuu-dev
libxnee-dev libxosd-dev libxp-dev libxprintutil-dev libxrandr-dev
libxslt1-dev libxxf86dga-dev libxxf86misc-dev libxxf86vm-dev

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.