Re: Question not addressed in FAQ.

From: Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Question not addressed in FAQ.
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:14:44 -0400

Lynn, do you have USB flash drive?  If your box will boot off that, I
believe you can install that way.
--
Carl Fink                                 carl@finknetwork.com

No USB Flash drive, I'm sorry.

The Potato Version had a really nice setup, though, and it installed nicely on my second drive, I think. Only thing is, I did not put LiLio on to the first drive, as I was afraid it would cause problems that I don't have backups for at the moment to fix easily. Not that it would be a big problem, but it took all day to migrate what I have on to the current four partition drive. :-)

I am hoping to setup LoadLin to be able to start the Linux on my second hard drive. This will circumvent so many problems and headaches, while at the same time allowing me to have a dedicated linux drive. Or, barring that, I can alway tell BIOS to boot to hdb instead of hda. :-p Then use LiLo to redirect to hda, then go through the Windows partitions. Even better, I can swap a coupla' jumpers, so hdb becomes hda, and hda becomes hdb.

Since I just installed potato without knowing much about Linux, perhaps you can give me some recommendations? The Linux Drive has LiLo on it already. :-)

Love & Friendship & Blessed Be!
Lynn Erika Kilroy