Re: mount pendrive fstab entry ?

On Saturday 17 June 2006 6:16 pm, B.Hoffmann wrote:
> Have changed it to
>
> /dev/sda /media/usbkey ext2 rw,user,noauto 0 0
>
> still won't mount. The error I'm getting is
>
> mount: mount point /media/usbkey does not exist
> Error: could not execute pmount

Does the folder /media/usbkey exist?
If not create it with mkdir /media/usbkey.

This is the way I handle USBKeys
/dev/sda1  /media/usbstick  auto  noauto,noatime,user      0 0

The noatime tells it not to update access times on the drive that will
increase the lifespan of the drive

--
And any office, any office, contains a small drain hidden in your cubicle,
and if you listen closely you can hear your mortal allotment gurgling