Re: Unmount a busy NFS share

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 12:43:51PM +0200, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Frank Blendinger wrote:
> > I want to unmount a busy NFS share, but failed to do so, even with a
> > umount -f.
>
> [...]
>
> > I also tried a ``fuser /mothermole'' to see which process blocks the
> > mountpoint, but that just hangs, I aborted after some minutes. I'm
>
> Just try 'lsof |grep mothermole'.

This hangs, just as my try with fuser did.

That b0rked up NFS mount seems to cause a lot of trouble, i.e. updatedb
processes from the last view days are hanging around, blocked, and also
some other programs refuse to start as the try to access that
mountpoint.

Is there really no other way then rebooting to get rid of this nasty
thing?

Greetings,
Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A