Re: can't access CUPS through browser

On (17/06/06 18:47), José Dimas wrote:
> Hi, i just installed cups, and it's working ok, except for the fact I
> can't access it through my browser.
> I googled and didn't find a reason, maybe is in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf,
> my /etc/hosts seems ok. also, /etc/cups/cups.d/browser.conf and
> ports.conf are ok (the first allows browser and the second listen to
> localhost:631).
> cupsd.conf is attached, and hosts is just below.
>
> #/etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1 localhost debian
> ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> fe00::0 ip6-localnet
> ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
> ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
> ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Are you trying to access cups from a browser on the same machine on
which cups is installed?

Under security options in /etc/cups/cups.conf you need something like:

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.*  # to access from another PC on the LAN
</Location>

To login type in your browser:

http://localhost:631

or http://[ipaddress]:631  (to access from a different machine)