Repost-No Reply-Fwd: MPlayer Wont Work Under Sid-2.6.16-1-686

Reposting because need help and haven't gotten a
response. Thanks for any help. Since the orig. post I
have also copied all the mplayerplug-in-*.so files to
my .mozilla/plugin dir including the totem and
mozplugger plug-ins which got rid of the teal green
double cross but the videos still wont play.