Re: postgresql or mysql

gustavo halperin <ggh.develop@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm starting to work with DB, and I have a doubt about if learn and
> use postgresql or mysql.
> I understand that postgresql is better, but if  I'm right  why SQL
> looks more popular ???

MySQL is more popular than PostgreSQL in the same way that Windows is
more popular than GNU/Linux.  "Popular" does not equate to "better".

> Which DB you recommend like the best one ??

It depends upon the features you need.  In general, I'd recommend
PostgreSQL for all but the simplest tasks, and SQLite for the really
simple stuff.

Regards,
Roger

--