Re: vim and VIMRUNTIME

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 06:54:10 +0100, Michael Ott wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Since yesterday i get the following error message when starting vim:
>Error detected while processing /home/michael/.vimrc:
>line   12:
>E484: Can't open file /usr/local/share/vim/syntax/syntax.vim
>line   54:
>E484: Can't open file /usr/local/share/vim/syntax/syntax.vim
>Press ENTER or type command to continue
>
>I try to change the path in line 12 and then the first error message is
>removed but the second one exists. And export VIMRUNTIME works but i do not
>want to write it everytime when I start a new console
>
>Here my .vimrc (parts)
>
>--snip--
>if has("syntax")
>  "  if color == "true"
>	" This will switch colors ON
>	so ${VIMRUNTIME}/syntax/syntax.vim                       <- line 12
>	"so /usr/share/vim/vim70/syntax/syntax.vim
>    else
>	" this switches colors OFF
>	syntax on
>	set t_Co=0
>	"   endif
>endif
>[...]
>if &t_Co > 2 || has("gui_running")
>  syntax on                                                  <- line 54
>  set hlsearch
>endif
>--snap--
>
>How can i change that? Adding vimruntime in debian.vim also do not work

/usr/share/vim/vimcurrent is a symlink that should point to the
"current" version of vim at all times. Maybe you can use that instead?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, though. AFAIK you
don't need to source syntax.vim in .vimrc in order to get colours, a
simple 'syntax on' is enough.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's Second Law:
Always keep a record of data -- it indicates you've been working.