Re: The right location for userdefined global config files?

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:37:55PM +0200, Waldemar la Tendresse wrote:
> Assume more than 1 user needs to have the same config for program
> <foo>. My idea was to create the "global" config file and symlink from
> the user's homedir to the "global" file. Is there something wrong about
> that and where would be the best place to put those "global" config
> files by means of FHS?

If that <foo> program that you don't specify any further is not
completely stupid, it should read the global config in /etc/ first (for
any user that starts that program) and then overwrite any global
settings with options set in a user config in his/her home directory. No
need for any weird symlinking.

Greetings,
Frank

--
Frank Blendinger | fb(at)intoxicatedmind.net | GPG: 0x0BF2FE7A
Fingerprint: BB64 F2B8 DFD8 BF90 0F2E 892B 72CF 7A41 0BF2 FE7A