Re: intel 945GM video card

Roberto Bernetti wrote:
Hi all
I installed debian etch on a centrino duo laptop with still some open issue:

1. although the i810 driver states that it cover the the video card intel 945GM i'm not able to use the laptop lcd at its maximum resolution 1280x800. Intel site (http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945gm/) report that they have the driver for the card but the documentation is insufficient for me to understand how to use it for debian.
Xorg version is 7.0.0, xserver-xorg-i810 is 1:1.5.1.0-2
try adding
VideoRam        16384
to the device section corresponding to the graphics card in your xorg.conf. that did the trick on my laptop.

2. I browse the internet without success (my fault) in understanding about how to implement a clone dual monitor with different resolution from the local flat panel
don't know whether you can actually do it...

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"