Re: Public build servers for Debian/Ubuntu packages?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:39:13PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a service where I can upload my Debian
> source packages that will attempt to compile them for other .deb
> distros and let me download the results?
>
> Specifically I want to take a few source packages and get Ubuntu
> (Breezy/Dapper) packages out. It'd be great to get Sarge packages as
> well.
Hi Magnus,
I think you may want to ask folks on debian-mentors for help to use 'pbuilder' or 'sbuild' IIRC. If you check out my page of debian developement(http://debian.home.pipeline.com) for the debian diagram, debian uses the buildd network to create packages. Also, Roberto Sanchez (on this list) has a page to customize debian packages. The difference between debian and ubuntu packages is the build enviroment. You may need to make 2 diffeent chroots? to create environments to create ubuntu and debian deb. Also you may want to check on buildd.net (ingo jurginson?) about finding some nice soul to allow you to have them build something.
cheers,
Kev