Re: changing user id for all files in a file system

Stephen R Laniel wrote:

> Do you mean that by default, people aren't sudoers? That's
> certainly correct. But if you're not a sudoer, then you
> probably don't have the root password either -- in which
> case it will be impossible for you to run any command
> featuring 'find /'.

What I mean is that you can have root access yet no be allowed to run
stuff through sudo as your normal user account (i.e. you would 'su' to
do it.)

The I use sudo (and I am by no means saying that this is even the right
way - I don't know) as a way of running a program without having to su
first (e.g. nmapfe, launching aptitude from a keyboard shortcut,
rebooting with a keyboard shortcut and a password confirmation in case I
do it by accident etc...)

I most certainly DO NOT allow my user account to have access to
everything through sudo (otherwise I might as well go and run Windows then.)

--
George Borisov

DXSolutions Ltd