Re: Totem-gstreamer still not working

On 6/13/06, Bill <wgm@telus.net> wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a fresh install of sarge stable and am trying to get totem to
work.

The only totem-gstreamer I have gotten to work well on debian is the
one that came out in sid around two weeks ago.  Every version before
that was broken in some way or another.  It still can't play some
things, but stuff that conforms to open standards seems to all work,
and things that won't work will rarely cause the program to exit.
Playback of an unencrypted dvd will only work up to the point where
the menu loads.

totem-xine on the other hand works very well on sarge.  You may need
some extra packages to playback everything you want to, which you can
probably get from an unofficial apt repository in I think France.
Some of the packages may, or may not be legal in your country.

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main