Re: apt-get broken, packages not fully installed or removed

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 05:39:07PM +0700, Dave Patterson wrote:
> Ok, it looks like x11-common can't do anything because somethings hosed
> with debconf.
> Try apt-get -f install debconf, or dpkg-reconfigure debconf, and see what
> happens there.

The apt-get -f install debconf gives me the same complaint, and the
dpkg-reconfigure debconf says this:

hq:~# dpkg-reconfigure debconf
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: debconf is broken or not fully installed

Do I dare try to remove debconf? I better do a backup first, this is
getting serious <smile>

--
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (91% of Full)
Get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh