m68k amiga question

Does anyone know what speed cdrom's are supported?  I have an A3000
with 132MB of memory that I'm trying to install with v3r1.  I get
partially through the installation program when I have a 2x SCSI cdrom
attached, but then it hangs because the apparently it can't read the
cd anymore :-(

I moved up to a 24x SCSI cdrom, but now the installation program
panics.  I'm wondering if speed of drive has something to do with this.

Anyone seen anything similar??

jerry
--
Jerry Heyman  919.543.5628/IBM STG - HPC/BG ISV Support/"Software is the
Technical Consultant     / IBM Solutions Enablement   /difference between