kernel compilation

Hi all,

I was always downloading from www.kernel.org, using always the same .config file, and everything was fine. Up to the point I found out that the newer kernels which were supposed to have new options (CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP) are not having them. I tried to compile the configure the kernel without any .config file, and any /boot/config.* files, but still, the newer options were not there. My question is how to get all available configuration options when I type make menuconfig.

   Cheers,
   Ivan