Re: Installing a dual-boot Linux and Windows system with two hard drives...

Redefined Horizons wrote:
I'm currently running Debian Sarge and MS Windows XP Office on the
same 8GB hard drive. I talked my IT guy out of a 20 GB hard drive. I'd
like to install Debian on the new 20GB harddrive, and install MS
Windows on the 8 GB hard drive.

Is this possible?

Yes.

Others have already given nice suggestions. I just wanted to mention something that is not commonly done.

If you have Windows on a first partition of your 8 Gig hard disk, it might be possible to just enlarge that partition to take up the whole disk. Or, if you want, you can let the Windows stay as it is and use up the part of the disk that had Linux on it as an additional partition for Windows. You can use cfdisk or fisk from a Live Linux CD to do the changes in the partitions.

This is, of course, not necessary. However, it might save you reinstalling Windows.

->HS