K3b - CD-RW Question

I want to use the CD-RW drive in my Linux server for backup. I have installed K3b and am able to burn CDs and read them after the burn. But I have some remaining issues>

1. K3b seems unable to read a CD on my server that I burned on a Windows PC running Adaptec DirectCD. The PC can read it and also can reopen it for further writes. I would like this facility on the server as well.

2. A CD doesn't seem to be automatically mounted but I am not sure of that. If I use KIO (which I just discovered), it seems to read a CD even though the disc has not been mounted.

If there is a site that can help me, just point me.
TIA
--

Regards,

John Graves

Dynamic Devices Inc.
781-245-9100
Wakefield, MA
email: jhgraves@ddi-wans.com

Converged wired & wireless networks for Data, Voice, & Video.
Firewalls and security products.