Re: [OT] Installing Damn Small Linux on a USB key

After viewing instructions for DSL and RIP (RecoveryIsPossible) I installed RIP onto a USB-hardisk on a FAT partition. It took two or three attempts to do it. The RIP instructions may or may not be useful for you.

Initially I tried to boot a full Debian and full Suse as well from there and failed but finally was able to install a full Debian as will. See my instructions in wiki.debian.org
http://wiki.debian.org/USB-HD_Boot_Full_Debian

You may also find more help in other USB topics there.