Can't find libselinux1

Well, being so overwhelmed with response, I finally just copied over the
libdevmapper.so.1.01 into libdevmapper.so.1.02, and moved up to where now
mount (which also couldn't find libdevmapper) can't find libselinux1.
Understandably, since it is not on my disk or CD, not even a earlier version
I can copy.  I can find the deb package for it on my CD, but have no idea
how to make it available to mount as a library.

How do you make a .deb package available to the installer?  I have found the
apt-*, and the pkgcache file, but have no idea how to tell apt-cache to "put
this .deb file into this pkgcache" so apt-get can get to it.  When I do an
apt-cache add, it says "unimplemented", and the documentation says that's
for source packages, anyway.

Thanks & Regards,
Allen Williams
(321)258-1272