Re: hard drive repair problem

At 09:09 PM 6/8/2006, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
From: Mike Dresser <mdresser_l@windsormachine.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Marty Landman wrote:

194 Temperature_Celsius 0x0032 253 253 000 Old_age Always 51

That's a bit on the warm side for a hard drive.. can you improve your cooling when you replace this drive?

Hmm, thanks for picking up on this. Is it a serious enough problem that I need to fix it? There are two fans in this box with a power supply fan and an auxiliary I installed on the bottom front which feels like it's working.

It's my old workstation - AOpen ax6l mobo, p2-233 proc., the killer might be that I've got 4 ide's in there including 3 hd's and a cdrom.

Marty

--
Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Free Database Search App: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml