> > 216.239.37.104    <---------------------------- This is First
> > 216.239.37.99
> > bclark@zion:~$ dig www.google.com +short
> > www.l.google.com.
> > 216.239.37.99
> > 216.239.37.104    <---------------------------- Now its second
> > bclark@zion:~$

btw try 10 times "getent hosts www.google.com"
I guess you will be surprised... seems that libc sorts IPs numerically :(

On 08.06.06 09:52, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> What you want to do requires a front-end machine for load balancing, not
> an additional IP/DNS setup.  You would tell it to proxy traffic to one
> of two (or more) machines that are up and running.

in such case you will move the SPOF from www server to the balancing comp :)
however that should be a bit more stable than www servers, and there are
Level3 switches that can do such thing. Also, "linux virtual servers"
provides such functionality in linux kernel.

Another possibility is to run heartbeat on balancers or servers.

WinError #99999: Out of error messages.