Re: USB Mp3 player problems

On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 09:22 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 02:36:36PM +0200, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > On 05.06.06 23:51, Mike Polyakov wrote:
> > > Derek, that did it! Thank you. However, when I reboot I have to type
> > > in those lines again. Is it possible to have usb-storage module be
> > > loaded at boot time?
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > I think that package 'hotplug', maybe altogether with 'usbmount' would be
> > ideal for you.
>
> But if you're using a newer kernel with unstable or testing, you can't use
> hotplug.

Hotplug was mulled into udev. Shouldn't need to be explicitly installed
(in fact the packaging change, tells you to explicitly *OURGE* the
package config)
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.