Re: Asus sucks (Re: sata sucks)

Am 2006-05-26 14:48:55, schrieb lee:

> Hm, how do I do it? I can download a BIOS and burn it onto a CD, but
> what do I do then? Neither the website nor the manual has useful
> information to that.

What about reading the manual to the Mainboard.

It is called EZ-BIOS or Crashfree-BIOS.

The file must be in the root of a CD or a floppy and then,
if you go into the EZ-BIOS setup you type the name exactly
as you have burned it in the field and then hit enter...

The EZ-BIOS will check the floppy AND CD for the filename
and if found, load it

> This board sucks utterly :( After some time, one of the SATA disks gets
> offline, and my RAID array degrades. I have to turn the comp off to
> get it working again for some time, but then it fails again.

Never had this problem, using two Western Digital Raptor WD360GD
in my Office-Workstation and two WD740GD in my Multimedia-Station

> Asus is crap :( I?ll never buy an Asus board again.

Maybe you have some faulty drivers?

> Maybe I switch to MSI and sell the Asus crap.

MSI is crap...  Specialy K8D Master 3 (see debian-amd64
before 2 years) with a 2 year broken BIOS which does not
allow me to use my second Opteron 240.

MSI is crap...  I prefer a Bullet-Proof Tyan!!!

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)