Re: xorg upgrade breaks fonts

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 06:41:24PM +0000, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Since upgrading xorg, I get lousy-looking fonts in places such as emacs,
> the fvwm menu popup, and other GTK-like apps.  Any advice on where to
> look?

The upgrade added a bunch of new font paths to xorg.conf. For every
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/foo entry you had, there is probably now an
additional /usr/share/fonts/X11/foo entry preceding it. I fixed most
of my uglyfont problems by commenting out /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1.

It may be advisable to whack all of the old entries; I still am
getting some that fall back to misc/fixed.

-- Mark