Re: Why does Firefox's middlemouse.contentLoadURL keep getting reset?

On 6/7/06, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
On 2006-06-05, Wim De Smet <kromagg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/06, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I know how to use about:config to set middlemouse.contentLoadURL to
>> true in order to enable pasting links directly in.  But why does this
>> customized value get annoyingly reset to false with every upgrade?
>
> Are you running unstable?

I'm running testing/unstable, mostly testing (apt.conf says
"APT::Default-Release "testing";" but I have some unstable packages).

> I myself am and the default behaviour is 'true'. I'm not sure why your
> default behaviour would be different. That it keeps resetting on
> upgrade is even weirder, here all values I changed are saved across
> upgrades. Something else must be up I guess?

It's not too big a deal.  When I middle-click in a Firefox window and
nothing happens, I know right away how to correct it.

The bizarre thing is that this is (as far as I can tell) the *only*
customized behaviour that gets reset to the default.

Same thing happens to me, and just did  yesterday when I updated.  It IS annoying, but, as you say, easily fixable (although I do it through Edit, Preferences rather than in about:config).

Patrick