Re: OT: ogg player

On 6/5/06, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas <jevv.cr@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been looking for a portable ogg player which would work with
removable batteries or plug to an outlet, that is mass storage
compliant (that works nice under debian-linux), that would use flash
memory cards instead of internal one, and that doesn't require
firmware update for proper ogg support (most of such needs m$ for
firmware update).  From all this I can remove the card requirement,
although it'd be cool.

I haven't found any under google, :-(.  Are there any suggestions out
there?  Is i-river worth buying (I remember some time back firmware
update was required)?

I don't know what fits your specific requirements, but here is a list of
portable players that support vorbis (some do flac as well) :
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/PortablePlayers