Re: Mozilla Mplayer freezes On All Internet videos

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Running unstable with 2.6.8-3-686 and 2.6.16-1-686
> kernels installed along with mozilla mplayer,
> realplayer 10, noatum, xmms, kaffeine, mozilla and
> firefox browsers installed. w32codecs and all other
> netscape/mozilla plugins are installed. Have just
> upgraded to unstable from sarge. Have visited the
> mozilla plugins site and tried out all the listed
> install, setup, configure instructions to no avail.
> Have modified my mplayerplug-in.conf file according to
> site instruction to no avail. Have purged and
> installed mozilla mplayer several time to no avail.
> Actually the first time to run a video the mplayer ran
> the vidoe but no sound played.  My audio card is
> YMF-724F.                                  My
> /home/lchata/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf is copied
> below: I suspet there is something wrong in this file
> but don't know what it might be. Mplayer does play the
> test.mov and mp3 files but without sound. Be happy to
> supply any other info requested. I've done all I know
> to do and need some help/guidance to resolve this
> issue. Plz copy my email address as I'm not
> subscribed. Thanks.

Regarding being able to play videos inside mozilla, do you have this file:
~/.mplayer/default.sub

I didn't and I couldn't play vidoes from web pages. I created
default.sub file (empty file, using "touch ~/.mplayer/default.sub"
command) and most of videos now play.

->HS