Re: 4TB filesystem

On 6/2/06, Koos Meijering <koos@openadmin.org> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to create on a nfs file server a partition with the size of
4TB every time after a reboot the system reports there is only a 2 TB
partition and an unused part of the disk.
The system is an AMD Optron server, with Debian Sarge installed and de
generic amd kernel image
The raid controller I used is an 3ware 9500s with 12 370GB disk attached
to it.

Is it possible to create a partition larger than 2 TB and how?
I hope somebody can help me.

Hi Koos,

Are you using the standard 2.4 or 2.6 kernel ? Which filesystem, ext2/ext3 ?

regards,
-- stratus