Re: Audigy LS / ALSA Volume control

Well, I agree, but I currently have the alsaplayer / alsamixer volume
at "1%" that is the lowest possible value and I also have the stereo
amplifier volume at about 1/10. This is not normal. And what if I want
to use headphones attached straight to the computer?

This isn't critical in the sense that I can live totally without the
sound card, but I am really looking forward to having it work
properly.

From some of the alsa material I thought that it would be possible to
chain the ALSA controls so that I could have a "pre amplifier" that
would reduce the volume before the main alsaplayer / alsamixer volume
control. I haven't figured out any way to actually to this, however.

If I use a sound server like ESD or aRTs or JACK can I use them to
reduce volume before the sound goes to ALSA? If so, which one should I
use?

Thanks again,

          Pirkka