Re: sudo password vs. login

Felipe Sateler wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>

>>I like the approach which SuSE takes.  It requires the *root* password
>>to use sudo, not the user's password.
>

> But then when you want to revoke the privilege of any user, you'd have to
> change the root password, instead of only removing a line from the sudoers
> file.

That is a good point.  On the flip side, though, you should change the
root passowrd anyway when removing someone from sudo access, since you
have no idea if they even have the root password.  They had access to
the shadow file (if you use that on your system) and probably plenty of
time to crack it.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez